Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Update: running like crazy....but in a good way

Things are busy here at Fluffy Sheep Quilting, but that is how we like it.  Right?  Here's the WIP news:

Sign ups for a Goodie Swap, hosted here at Fluffy Sheep Quilting, opened as of yesterday. We will each make a mug rug and a goodie of our choice (such as a pin cushion or a needle book....or any item of our choice) for two swap partners and get two in return. I would love to have all of you participate, so go to this post and leave a comment if you are interested in playing along.  Awww, come on.  You know you want too :)

Lattice Illusions is indeed moving along. It is layered and the quilting finished. I did a simple stitch in the ditch to not take away from the lines/corners in the piecing. This is my first attempt at stich in the ditch and I am not entirely thrilled with it, but I made peace with that.  The binding is 75% hand stitched on, so hopefully you will see a finished quilt posted later this week.


I am still playing catch up for the Birdie Stitches BOM from Little Miss Shabby.  I recently finished the snorkeling August block, but still need to design and stitch a June block.  Hopefully that will be done before the September block is released.  Eeeekkk!  The pressure!!!


Our Community Quilt is moving again. The Kona Snow I needed has arrived (hooray Simply Solids!) so I could finish the back. I still have to piece the 4 corners and then attach the two remaining strips of binding to finish the top. with any luck, this will be layered over the weekend. I can not wait to start quilting this beauty.  Being the optomist I am, I already have the binding ready to go. I better finish it now, huh? :)



I am sorry for such a wonky picture. I promise it does look good. I had it on the clothes line and the sun was setting (hurry!  hurry!), but it is so big it would slip off of the line when I went to take the photo.  You only see about 2/3 of it here.  And, after watching my struggle, I had a little "help", which was no help at all.





The Sew Bee Blissful quilting bee (hosted by Sew Happy Geek) has officially kicked off.  I finished my first two blocks and shipped them off to our Queen Bee, Jenna.  I hope she likes them!


As usual on a Wednesday, I am linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday, and Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday.

8 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

I can't believe you have all this on the go and then started the swap. Mad woman! But fun. :-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Shhuuuh cat!
Busy is obviously good for you!

Sarah said...

Community Quilt sure is a whopper! Looks really lovely though.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh man, thank you for mentioning the Birdie Stitches - I completely spaced out and forgot about that project!!! Guess I've got something to add to my project list :) Your August block looks great! Your Community quilt back is also looking lovely :)

Lynne said...

Ah, yes; the great cat helpfulness! LOL

Still very busy stitching, I see!

Contented Caroline said...

Yeah - i can leave a comment this a time yipppeeeee. Love, love all the quilts and especially the one wee kitty was playing with - love your blocks for Jenna too - good job mine's in April 2012 I really can't decide what my block is going to be - too many to choose from.

Marsha Cooper said...

I love it with kitty helps :)

Q @ JAQS said...

WOW that is a lot of projects. I visit WIP Wednesday too :)

I'm hosting a fabric giveaway over at my blog - swing by if you get a chance: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/08/fabric-love-21-fabric-giveaway-end-of.html

-Q @ JAQS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch Cúchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views